Commerce and trade are fundamental to community health and stability. A strong and growing economy is no longer taken for granted following the events of globalization, accounting scandals and recession. Locally, our community has experienced both growth and job loses due to such events. Competition is more fierce than ever. Fortunately, community leaders have created a blueprint for to create a stronger, more diverse and sustainable economy by placing top priority to grow the commercial tax base and number of high-wage jobs in the trade area.
The Greater New Braunfels Economic Development Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit created in 2005 in partnership with the City of New Braunfels, (via the New Braunfels Industrial Development Corporation (NBIDC)) Comal County, New Braunfels Utilities and the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce to work collaboratively under the name of the New Braunfels Economic Development Corporation to help achieve our goals.
What we have done:
- 9,798 new jobs created since 2003
- Job growth exceeds metro and state averages
- Increased construction of office space inventory
- Decreased medical and retail leakage
What We’re Doing
- Recruit more high-wage jobs
- Create marketable “shovel-ready” sites
- Increased prospecting missions and tradeshows
- www.newbraunfelsedf.org enhancement
- Emphasis on medical services & training centers
We need to capitalize on the available opportunities and position New Braunfels as a leading business and tourist destination in Central Texas.